Monday 12 November 2007

Counting in Hours


So there it was, tucked into the corner of my bedroom. My whole life in a metre of rucksack. I didn't realise there was so little to pack!Surely I have forgotten something?


Now all I must do is wait, kill time, watch paint dry. This is always the worst part, the pre-boredom before the boredom of travelling, and then the excitement of arriving! The winter coat is bought, the gloves are packed, the money is earnt, now the adventure begins!


After a week of carnage, first in Kingston with Mike, Simon and Maxine Carr (sorry, Steve Simmons, newly Christened Dipstick!) and then in Birmingham with the uni birds, my bro and the Skeggy six, the lull before the storm has began. I could sit and work out the minutes until I arrive, but that would surely just be sad, so instead I am taking up my time with tedium!


My last English meal (an Indian, so typically Blighty) will be tonight at 7.30pm, with the family and I will cherish every bite!


The next entry into this so far sketchy blog will be written from an internet cafe surrounded by snow and Canadians, and hopefully will be a cheery one! Au Revoir England!

No comments: