Sunday 9 March 2008

Back in Big T.O.!


Plenty has happened since I left the shores of Ile-de-Montreal. I’m in a new country, new atmosphere, and new weather!

First stop on Kate and my marathon bus tour was Toronto. We had planned to see Mat and Caroline the day after we arrived, but as we came downstairs in the Global Backpacker’s Hostel, there was Mat (half-cut I think), and so we caught up for lost time that night! It was almost as if I hadn’t been away, even though I had only been in Toronto for a few nights the time before.

The next day was when we started our hardcore tourism (which is still continuing here in Washington, D.C.). First stop was the CN Tower, which had been my biggest oversight when I was whisked off to Montreal when I first arrived. The worst part about this attraction was a glass floor at the top, which you could stand on. Kate thought it was hilarious that I felt sick every time I placed a foot on it, and glanced down at the sheer drop (possibly to my death).

After the tower, we strolled along Front Street, past all the stadiums (Rogers Centre for baseball, Air Canada Centre for basketball and hockey), and then on to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Kate wasn’t too interested, as you can imagine, but I was in my element on the interactive games and looking at all the memorabilia. Highlights included the Wayne Gretzky section, the actual Stanley Cup, and the mock Montreal Canadiens dressing room.

In the evening we all went round to Mat’s house, which he had only moved into a few nights before. We ordered in two massive pizzas and met his housemate Patrick. It was a late night and Nanny Kate and I struggled the next day to get our bus to Niagara Falls.

No comments: