Wednesday 19 December 2007

Play hard, work hard(ish)


If there is one reason why someone should come to Canada, then having a naked Angelina Jolie coming out of the cinema screen at you is it.

Okay, so it was a computer generated screen and I was wearing ridiculous sunglasses akin to Jarvis Cocker, but the IMAX on Rue Sainte Catherine is well worth the money! Allie, some Frenchies and I all went down yesterday to watch Beowulf, where I proudly declared the plethora of British actors in the production. It was cheap day and a ticket, massive popcorn and a coke came to the princely sum of $8 (about £4). The bonus of the film being in 3D (my first experience outside of the basic introduction at DisneyLand Paris in about 1993) just made the evening all the better for me.

Outside of that, the job searches go on, and I look to have landed an upgrade of the telemarketing job I already have. It's almost the same thing, yet I will be gettin paid $2 an hour more, plus a commission at the end of the month. It's all extra for the America savings!
It just means I now have even less enthusiasm for my current job. The insurance sales are going down and, let me tell you, it really bothers me (note sarcasm). I want money, but not boredom! Is that too much to ask?....Yes? Okay, I'll shut up then

In other news, forty centimetres of snow fell the other day, and there is now LOADS of snow. But I found out that the snow "Isn't sticky enough to roll into a snowman" (Seguin, A 2007), so I have to be content with watching it and not playing with it.

1 comment:

Andy Reid said...

I went to watch Beowulf at the iMAX in sydney. It was abosolutely bloody quality. Storyline was a bit weak but who cares when you're ducking to avoid beowulfs long pole sticking out the screen (ahem.)